Friday, January 16, 2009

PLAYER PROFILE: LUCY PEREZ


We've heard nothing but great things about this young lady by many in the volleyball community. We can attest first hand that she is an explosive player with solid all around skill sets. She is very quick and can be an asset all around the court. We recently cought up with Lucy and asked her a few questions about volleyball and her future in the sport.

SFVR: Tell us something that not everyone knows about you.
PEREZ: I am fun, athletic and funny. My background is Lebanese and Cuban. By looking at me you would find it hard to believe that I do not speak Spanish fluently. I love Volleyball with a passion and I am determined to play it in college.

SFVR: What do you do to stay so fit?
PEREZ: In addition to all the Volleyball, I jog regularly. I also enjoy swimming, flag football and acting.

SFVR: Why do you want to play Volleyball collegiately?
PEREZ: I have been playing volleyball for about six years now (school & club) and I am in love with the sport. I am not ready to give up playing it competitively just yet.

SFVR: Are you aware that playing for a University is like a full time job?
PEREZ: Absolutely - I'm excited to see how good I can become at the next level. I will work, work, work to become the best I can become.

SFVR: What does the word coachable mean to you?
PEREZ: It defines a player who is a good listener and always is willing to learn more from a coach, because every player has room for improvement.

SFVR: Have you registered with the NCAA Clearinghouse?
PEREZ: YES!


Player Profile Below:

Lucy Perez - SR. 5'11" / 155Lbs. Position OH/RS
Team Captain in 2007 and 2008

Last measured approach reach 9'5.5", block reach 8'10", Standing Reach 7'7"
2008 High School Stats: 344 Assists, 297 kills, 93 digs, 83 Blocks and 43 Aces.
High School: Miami Sunset Sr. High

Coaches Comments:

Charlene Ball-Lovera, Head Coach Sunset High-School: Lucy is a very hard worker that has excelled every year that she has been on the team. She is usually early to practice and stays after practice to perfect her craft. She is a very explosive outside hitter with endless energy and potential. As a former Div I player I know she has what it takes to excel at the next level and I sincerely recommend Lucy Perez as an elite player that has yet to reach her potential.

Joy Beverly, Head Coach Spike Volleyball Club and Arvida Middle, "One word comes to mind when I think of Lucy Perez - strong. By age 13 Lucy was probably the biggest, strongest player in the county. When she went up to hit, the other players had no chance of stopping her. She just continued to get stronger in high school and became a leader on and off the court. As strong as she is now, I'd love to see how far she can go. I think she has the physical potential and the inner drive to be successful at the highest level."

Experience:
She has been playing competitively since 7th Grade.
* Arvida Middle School Volleyball Team (2 years)
* Southend Volleyball Club (3 years)
* Spike Volleyball Club (1 year)
* South Dade Volleyball Club (1 year)
* Miami Volleyball club (currently)
* Miami Sunset Varsity Volleyball Team (4 years)

Awards and Recognition
* 2008 First Team All Dade County
* 2008 The South Florida Fabulous 50
* 2007 Second Team All Dade County
* 2007 Won District 15-6A
* 2007 Outstanding Student Athelete Award by U.S. Army Reserve
* 2006 Won District 15-6A

GPA/HPA 3.4/3.8
Major to be Studied: Business Management and Administration.
Hobbies and Activities: Acting/Drama for the last four years.
In 2009, I am starting a business internship.
Favorite Food: Sushi
Favorite Band: Linkin Park
Favorite Vacation: Puerto Rico

ATTN: COACHES - WRITE US FOR CASSAY COOK CONTACT INFORMATION, TRANSCRIPTS AND REFRENCES. volleyballreport@gmail.com

Lucy - we wish you the best of luck and we know your college carrer will be special-stay in touch.

No comments: