Tuesday, September 1, 2009

University Round-Up - Week 1 Aug 27th - 31st

First and foremost, I'd like to point out a few new link lists on the right side bar. I have added links to our local community college teams. In addition, I have added links to the major volleyball programs in our state.

I've been more excited about the beginning of Volleyball than I am about the beginning of the professional football season - Go Dolphins!

Finally this past weekend, the volleyball season opened with our local universities and local high school teams.


Below is a recap of how our local universities fared:

Florida International University DIV I:
FIU opened on the road in Lexington for the Kentucky Classic.
FIU def. Western Carolina 3-0
FIU def. Northwestern 3-2 in a nail biter,
FIU fell to #21 Kentucky 0-3
FIU Took (2nd) Second in the Kentucky Classic.

University of Miami DIV I:
UM def. FGCU 3-0
UM def. Prairie View A&M 3-0
UM fell to USF 1-3
UM Took 2nd) Second in the Hurricane Invitational.

Florida Atlantic University DIV I:
FAU falls to North Florida 2-3
FAU falls to DePaul 1-3
FAU falls to UCF 0-3
FAU falls to Jacksonville 0-3

Lynn University DIV II:
Lynn def. West Florida 3-2
Lynn falls to Lewis 0-3
Lynn def. Montevallo 3-0

#19 Nova South Eastern DIV II:
NSU falls to #5 West Texas 0-3
NSU def. Southwestern Oklahoma 3-0
NSU def. UT Periman Basin 3-2
NSU falls to #4 Grand Valley State 0-3

Keep up with all your favorite teams by clicking on the corresponding link on the right side bar.

No comments: